Allow me to introduce myself.I’m Nahyan Chowdhury, the season was summer when I was born. The sun was shining and…ok.
I’m a marketing guy, with a startup social enterprise that does basketball training and mentorship for youth in Toronto. This page should give an overview of what I do and what I’m about. My blog is more about what I’m thinking and doing now. Thanks for dropping by. Lemme know if I can help with anything.
- Co-Founder @DeenUPAthletics – we run basketball training and mentorship programs for youth in Toronto; in 5 locations, including 3 at-risk neighborhoods. I’m behind-the-scenes (and I’m not good at basketball). We’ve had 500+ players go through the programs since it’s 2012 launch, and 9 graduating student-athletes getting scholarships into CIS and NCAA Programs in Canada and U.S.
- Work @ThreePointTurn - Toronto-based software company. In marketing, surrounded by smart developers.
- Interests – marketing for startups, personal development, social enterprise, technology, entrepreneurship. Started blogging here.
- I operate in my lonesome from Toronto, Canada
- Trying to get schmart with words and things
- Originally from Bangladesh, with a detour in Qatar (a dot on the map in middle east) where I grew up until Grade 4 [and straight into ESL (!) but that’s another story…]
- Never been an “A” student, but often reminisce the good times at Birchmount Park C.I. [high school] and University of Toronto. Turned out alright though.
Things I do or want to do:
- work with and learn from smart people
- experiment with “life hacks”, learn new skills, etc.
- think more, write more.
- watch less, read less.
Here’s an overview of our startup, DeenUP Athletics
Our Virtual Homes: