Microwave Tips = Quick Tips on Time Management; learn fast and implement immediately.
[Read Time >> 45 seconds]
What’s on your computer desktop?
Few folders and icons or a mess.
I for one usually had a messy computer desktop,that people see and go “woo…”
So here are 3 things that can be done about it:
1 – How do things get there?
- Do you put everything there because you “may” need it someday?
- Is that where all downloaded files go?
- You think it makes you look important 😛
2 – Temporary solution
- Create a folder that just says “Desktop Stuff” so whatever your reasoning is, you can still use it in the folder
- Create a folder saying “NOW” in case your current projects and tasks clog it up
3 – Resolve for good
- Send things to their place from the beginning; when installing, downloading, saving
- Have a separate place for downloaded files, so they skip your desktop
- Delete – Delete – Delete; sometimes I dig deep into my computer and some junk makes me think “what was I thinking?” – so get rid of the junk and think twice before putting more in there.
Bonus: On Windows and there’s a way to put icons into the bottom toolbar thingy, so keep the commonly used icons there.