Photo from Koalazymonkey
- 2009 in Review
[Read Time >>> 4 minutes]
…so I’m curious if you’ve reviewed 2009.
—- 3 L’s for Goals and an Exercise below : 3 Things I’ve learned, 3 Things I’ve accomplished, and 3 Things I will focus on in 2010
Just before that though – Do you even need to review 2009?
If you want to invest the lessons and growth of 2009 into your future, then YES. “You live and you learn” right
Umar ibn Al Khattab (radi ‘Allahu ‘anhu) said, “Take account of yourselves before it is taken of you. Weigh your deeds before they are weighed for you (on Day of Judgement) and beautify yourselves (with good deeds)…”
Here are 3 reasons to do this immediately:
- If you’re not learning from your mistakes, they WILL re-occur
- If you’re not excited for your future accomplishments, it’s doubtful you’ll have significant accomplishments to be excited about
- If the concept of thinking about life is uncomfortable…then there’s a serious need for this
Although an over-simplified exercise for goal setting, it’s a good start. You can do it in 5 mins or make it even better with 20 mins
1) Write down like 10 Things you’ve Accomplished, Learned, and will Focus on in 2010
2) Just brainstorm and then summarize to 3 or 5 so you can glance back at it later on.
Note: make it specific, time-bound, and slightly unrealistic to make it exciting (Few points from Sh.Muhammad Alshareef)
3) Share it – tell someone else so it has some accountability OR post it below saying you’re “DONE”
Reason: It’s amazing how the way we think and talk impacts our behavior.
I’ve done #1 and #2 myself, my #3 will be in Part II
3 L’s for Goals:
- Photo from Cannonsnapper
1) Life-en it – (ok this “L” is wack, but I really wanted to make 3 L’s
If you want to reach a goal, you must “see the reaching” in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal – Zig Ziglar
Make it real; KNOW that you can accomplish it, and don’t worry about HOW you’ll do it.
2) Love it – At a DiscoverU certification training with Sh.Muhammad Alshareef, during a coaching session, Noor said to Sh.Navaid Aziz “This goal should make sleep boring to you” – I found that fantastic.
“Sleep should be a necessity, not the objective” – Jim Rohn
Honestly, it doesn’t even need to be Continue reading 2009 in Review (I of II)